본문 바로가기

조회 수 1243 댓글 0

박한홍 개인전 '도시 속의 침묵' 

11월 12일-29일
4w43 Art Gallery, NYC

000culbeat1.jpg Rain-NY 38x51, oil on canvas, 2013

비 오는 도시 풍경을 그리는 화가 박한홍씨의 개인전 '도시속의 침묵'이 11월 12일부터 29일까지 맨해튼 4W43 Art Gallery에서 열린다.

"박한홍 작가 표현하는 그림의 느낌이 매우 감성적으로 느껴진다는 것이다. 명확히 사진을 그린 그림인데 사진카피 라기 보다는 화가의 감성을 넣어서 재해석된 그림 이라고 해야 맞다. 그 감성적 축축함이 바로 옆에서 쓸쓸한 Miles Davis 의 재즈음악이 흘러나오는것 같은 착각을 하게 만든다." -폴 남 큐레이터-  

-작가의 말-
저는 2005년 미국에 온 이후 가족과 함께 현재 뉴저지에서 살면서 13년동안 작가로 활동해오고있습니다. 한국 , NEW YORK, LA 그리고 이태리 등지에서 전시를 해왔으며 제작업의 주테마는 비를 소재로 한 도시 풍경뿐만 아니라 여러가지 소재를 그려오고있습니다. 현재 작업은 비뿐만 아니라, 습기찬 풍경과 어둠을 소재로도 작업을 하고있습니다. 이태리 로마 Spazio 88 gallery 그리고 페루자 Alessandro Berni Gallery 에서 개인전을 했으며 그리고 로마에위치한 Tra Metropole e Museo (CentrobStui Capplla Orsini) 뮤지움, 그리고 모나코에있는 Kmail gallery, LA Santa Monica Museum에 위치한 Lnisha Cole Gallery  등지에서 전시를 했습니다. 몇년전까지는 뉴욕 첼시에 위치한 Henoch Gallery  그리고 Nabi Gallery 에서 작가로 활동하였습니다. 최근엔 이태리 로마 FORMEDARTETALIA 의 소속아티스트로도 활동했었습니다. 저는 비를 소제로한 제 전시를 통해 사람들에게 눈의 즐거움 그리고 우리들의 내면 속에서 품어나오는 쓸쓸함 그리고 희망를 보여주고자합니다.

Han Hong Park Solo Exhibition
Painting Revision

Nov 12- Nov 29, 2018
4W43 Art Gallery New York

Solo exhibition at 4W43 Manhattan by artist Han Hong Park, who devoted many years to landscape. An exhibition that will revive our emotion and remind us who we are in this busy capitalistic world.

-Artist's Statement-
I have been working as a painter for 13 years now, living in New Jersey with my family since coming to the US in 2005. My work has been exhibited in Korea, NEW YORK, LA and Italy, and at numerous other exhibitions as well. The main themes of my work depict city scenery with rain. I have also been painting with a number of other genres. That said, the majority of my works depict rainy, misty, dark scenery. I had a solo exhibition at the Spazio 88 gallery in Rome, Italy, and at the Alessandro Berni Gallery in Perugia, and in the museum at the Tra Metropole e Museo (CentrobStui Capplla Orsini) in Rome and at the Kmail gallery in Monaco, France. I has also held solo exhibitions at CLU Gallery and in 2010 at the Lnisha Cole Gallery in Santa Monica Museum. I would like to show people the pleasure of the eyes and the dream and hope that come from inside of us through my exhibition of rain.

Artist Han Hong Park paints water with oil. There are two points of critical analysis in his work. 

1. I was amazed when I first encountered his ‘landscape work on rainy day that audaciously relied on the eyes of the digital camera. 
It did not take long before I became perplexed, seeing his work go against my conventional belief on modern paint-work on canvas that expresses the mind filtering through the human eye. 

2. Such work stirs great emotion, as one can never say it is a copy. Rather, it is a work translated with the artist’s emotion. Its passion reflects Miles Davis’ lonesome jazz that murmurs next to you.