본문 바로가기

한국계 스탠드업 코미디언 마가렛 조가 11월 8일 오후 7시 맨해튼 타임스퀘어 인근 타운홀에서 데뷔 40주년을 기념한 쇼 'Live and Livid!'를 연다. 성차별, 인종차별, 동성애 혐오와 맞서서 목소리를 낸 소수계의 수호자, 마가렛 조는 그래미상과 에미상 후보에 5회 올랐다. '보그(Vogue)'지는 조안 리버스(Joan Rivers), 길다 래드너(Gilda Radner), 완다 사익스(Wanda Sykes)와 함께 역대 최고의 여성 코미디언 9인에 선정했다. 

IMG_1055.jpg

MARGARET CHO: LIVE AND LIVID!

Presented by New York Comedy Festival

Wednesday, November 8, 2023 • 7:00pm

Twon Hall, NYC

Live and Livid is a show celebrating my 40 years as a stand up comedian. I will be radiating rage about homophobia, sexism, racism and the fight to stay alive in a culture that is killing us daily. You will love seeing me Live and Livid! This is living! Come through life!”

“I’ve cycled through many names to get to Live and Livid. Absolutely Angry, Bitch and Bitchy, Count on this C***,  but Live and Livid seems to have a ring to it.”

Comedian. Actor. Musician. Advocate. Entrepreneur. Five-time Grammy and Emmy nominee. When hasn’t Margaret Cho’s strong voice been part of our consciousness? It feels like she has always been here, like a friend you can always count on, lighting the path for other women, other members of underrepresented groups, other performers, to follow.

Margaret staunchly supports the causes that are important to her: anti-racism, anti-bullying, gay rights, all while fulfilling her successful creative side with a legendary stand up career that has yielded 10-plus comedy tours. Her recent television appearances – guest star on Season 2 of The Flight Attendant (HBO Max), guest star on Season 2 of Hacks (HBO Max) and two Netflix is a Joke comedy specials: Stand Out: An LGBTQ+ Celebration and Jane Fonda & Lily Tomlin: Ladies Night Live – have expanded an already wide-ranging career, and her role as the ‘mother hen’ in the well-reviewed movie Fire Island solidifies why we all love Margaret in the first place. 

Margaret, who Vogue magazine named one of the 9 best female comedians of all time alongside Joan Rivers, Gilda Radner and Wanda Sykes, appreciates where she finds herself right now. “I think comedians in general, we get better as we get older, and we kind of get more observant, and more astute in those observations." 

Thankfully, Margaret has more stories to tell, and her production company, Animal Family Productions, has multiple scripted shows in development for 2022 and beyond.

https://thetownhall.org/event/margaret-cho-live-and-livid

001.jpg

한류를 이해하는 33가지 코드

#22 풍자와 해학: 강남 스타일, 기생충과 마가렛 조 Korean Satire & Humor
한국인들은 풍자와 해학의 민족이다. "강남 스타일"의 싸이와 찰리 채플린을 비교하고, 봉준호 감독 영화'기생충'의 블랙 유머를 분석한다. 그리고, 1994년 미 TV 최초의 아시안 가족 이야기를 다룬 시트콤 '올 아메리칸 걸' 이후 아시안 TV 배우와 스탠드업 코미디언들에게 문을 열어준 마가렛 조의 영향력까지. 
https://www.nyculturebeat.com/index.php?mid=Focus&document_srl=4083853

33 Keys to Decoding the Korean Wave
#22 풍자와 해학: 강남 스타일, 기생충과 마가렛 조 Korean Satire & Humor
 From the black humor of Psy's "Gangnam Style" and Bong Joon-ho's "Parasite", to the 1994 sitcom "All American Girl" (ABC-TV), the first Asian family sitcom in the U.S., Koreans love humor. Margaret Cho, standup comedian, opened the door to Asian TV actors and the next generation of stand-up comedians.
https://www.nyculturebeat.com/index.php?mid=TopStory2&document_srl=4108422

?