본문 바로가기

조회 수 522 댓글 0
휘트니 비엔날레에 대항해서 여성 작가들만 소개하는 휘트니 휴스턴 비엔날레가 돌아온다. 
2014년 아티스트 크리스틴 "C" 핀리(Christine “C” Finley)가 론칭한 휘트니 휴스턴 비엔날레는 하루만 열린 제1회에 86명의 아티스트가 참가했으며, 2017년 제 2회엔 195명이 참가했다.
2019 휘트니 휴스턴 비엔날레는 5월 19일부터 29일까지 이스트빌리지 라마마 갤러리아에서 열린다. 제 3회 비엔날레는 고 휴스턴의 히트곡  "I Wanna Dance With Somebody"에서 타이틀을 따왔다.  http://whitneyhoustonbiennial.com

whb-poster-size-732x1024.png

2019 Whitney Houston Biennial: I Wanna Dance With Somebody 
@East Village art space La MaMa Galleria, 47 Great Jones Street, May 19–29
@LA, the show goes up at a location TBA, June 2–12.

The Whitney Houston Biennial Serenades New York City and Los Angeles with an All-Women Art Biennial
The 2019 Whitney Houston Biennial: I Wanna Dance With Somebody comes as a response to the awakening representation of women artists. The 2019 Whitney Houston Biennial will be the third iteration of Christine Finley’s acclaimed women’s art exhibition and its title “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” is a rally cry for self identifying women artists to cross-pollinate with each other across a wide variety of mediums, generations, as well as racial and ethnic backgrounds. The aim of bringing together so many creative voices is to sing a collective song that celebrates the contributions of female artists and marks a moment in our communal trajectory. The WHB is committed to creating not only an exhibition, but a new consciousness in the world of art which favors encouragement, connection, inspiration and love.
The Whitney Houston Biennial debuted in 2014 with 86 artists as a single day event and grew to a two-week event featuring 195 artists in 2017. In 2019 the WHB will be expanding from New York to include Los Angeles. The general framework of the exhibit consists of visual artists shown “salon style” including but not limited to: painting, photography, installation, sculpture, video art, textile, multimedia, performance, dance, musical acts, poetry readings, theater presentations, and a film festival.