2017.02.07 11:42

카라 런던(Cara London) 개인전@TNC Art Gallery

조회 수 735 댓글 0

Paintings by Cara London

March 2 – March 19

TNC Art Gallery

CaraLondon_Nike.jpeg 

Cara London, Nike of Samothrace, 36x48", acrylic/canvas, 2017

NEW YORK - Artist Cara London will have a solo exhibition at TNC’s Art Gallery at the Theater for the New City, from Mar 2-19th, 2017.  There will be an opening reception on March 2nd, from 6 - 8 PM.  Ms. London is known for her painterly representational work:

“As a realist artist working from an abstract reference point, I search for the painting’s essence, to find its inherent visual power. My need to communicate through line, form, texture, and color is overwhelming and literally beyond words. A successful work of art has its own energy that the viewer can feel. I know how I feel when I look at art that moves and inspires, and gives me hope.  To embrace the creative spirit is one of the joys of being human.”

The exhibit is concurrent with a TNC production of a new musical entitled “Your Name On My Lips”  (book, music and lyrics by her husband, Eric B. Sirota)  about a self-taught painter, who struggles to get into an art institute while fighting to hold on to the love of his life.  (www.YourNameOnMyLips.com)  Ms. London’s paintings play a role onstage in the musical production. Opening night for the performance immediately follows the artist’s reception on March 2nd.  (For more info on the musical see: http://www.jsnyc.com/season/sirota.htm )

London earned a BA in Art History from Brandeis University and an MFA in Sculpture from Parsons School of Design.  She has attended numerous international professional workshops, including Triangle Artists’ Workshop, Vermont Studio School, Emma Lake and the Leighton Foundation.  She lives and works in Hunterdon County, NJ.  She was a founding member of SOMI Fine Art Gallery and currently teaches at the Hunterdon Art Museum. Her paintings are in a number of prestigious collections in the US and Canada. In addition to the TNC Art Gallery, her work was most recently in Sideshow Gallery IV: Through the Rabbit Hole, in Williamsburg.  (www.CaraLondon.com)

Cara London would like to sincerely thank Crystal Field and the Theater for the New City for inviting her to exhibit her artwork at the TNC’s Art Gallery. The gallery is located at the Theater for the New City, 155 First Avenue (between 9th and 10th Streets), NYC, and is open daily from 10 AM- 10 PM. (theaterforthenewcity.net/PaintingsbyCaraLondon.html)