Facebook NYCultureBeat
CulBeat Express
2018년 Open Call For Artists 워싱턴 한국문화원 전시 작가 공모
CulBeat Express는 뉴욕의 문화 소식을 신속하게 알릴 수 있는 게시판입니다.
앞으로 다가 올 전시, 음악회, 공연, 출간, 행사 등 소식과 예술가들의 동정을 소개합니다.
행사 게시를 원하시면 CulBeat Express를 제목으로 하셔서 보도자료를 NYCultureBeat@gmail.com로 보내주십시요.
  • 권기범 개인전 '모호한 장소'@클러스터갤러리(8/17-27)
  • sukie
    Aug 09, 2017
  • thumbnail
    • 권기범
    • Kibeom Kwon: Ambiguous Place
    • Thursday, August 17, 7-9pm
    • The Cluster Gallery(Brooklyn 200 6th Street, Brooklyn)
    Kibeom Kwon
    Ambiguous Place

August 17–27, 2017
    @The Cluster Gallery, Brooklyn

20727942_374984009586792_2743520396123328502_n.jpg

The Cluster Gallery is pleased to announce "Ambiguous Place", a solo show by Kibeom Kwon. The exhibition will be on view from August 17 through August 27, 2017, with a public opening reception on Thursday, August 17, 7-9pm.

Ambiguous place is an experimental work representing scenes, spaces, and structures I experienced and remembered in the new form of photography. In this series, I present another way of representing underlying form through painterly expression and question, abandoning photographic specificity as record.

From the spring of 2010 to the fall of 2016 I visited New York City, Shanghai, London, Tokyo, Singapore, and other cities and documented intriguing colors, spaces, and architectural structures I found in those cities. These are creative images representing each city and replicas formed by modern Eastern and Western urban cultures. This project was executed through a process of selective gathering of such elements and my personal taste. In this process I explored my interest in the distinctive forms and impressive images of this age and posed questions concerning the most underlying form and import of all urban spaces.

As we often struggle over little things at the cost of larger objectives in our lives, I think that we may lose sight of the entire elemental form. As I tried to approach the true nature of form, shedding concrete images in balmuk (ink effects created by controlling the ink tonality and wetness of the brush), the blurred, ambiguous images I created were the results of my serious consideration of the true nature of elemental form representing the whole.

© NYCultureBeat.com | Big Apple, Small Bites: Across the City

All rights reserved. Any stories of this site may be used for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any material without the written permission of NYCultureBeat.com.

thumbnail
  • New Museum
  • Celebrating Forty Years of New Art and New Ideas, This Fall the New Museum Will Look to Both Its Past and Its Future
  • Celebrating Forty Years of New Art and New Ideas, This Fall the New Museum Will Look to Both Its Past and Its Future with a Diverse Line-Up of Exhibitions and Programs, and Will Open a New Chapter in Its Building Expansion Photo: Dean KaufmanNew York, NY…This fall, the New Museum will celebrate its 4...
Aug 10, 2017
thumbnail
  • Frick Collection
  • Murillo: The Self-Portraits
  • November 1, 2017 to February 4, 2018
  • Murillo: The Self-Portraits November 1, 2017 to February 4, 2018 Painted bust portrait by Murillo showing a man wearing black in a trompe l'oeil oval frame One of the most celebrated painters of the Spanish Golden Age, Bartolomé Esteban Murillo worked primarily in Seville, where he w...
Aug 09, 2017
thumbnail
  • 권기범
  • Kibeom Kwon: Ambiguous Place
  • Thursday, August 17, 7-9pm
  • The Cluster Gallery(Brooklyn 200 6th Street, Brooklyn)
  • Kibeom Kwon Ambiguous Place August 17–27, 2017 @The Cluster Gallery, Brooklyn The Cluster Gallery is pleased to announce "Ambiguous Place", a solo show by Kibeom Kwon. The exhibition will be on view from August 17 through August 27, 2017, with a public opening reception on Thursday, August 17, 7-9...
Aug 09, 2017
thumbnail
  • 워싱턴 한국문화원
  • 워싱턴 한국문화원 전시 작가 공모 2018 Open Call for Artists
  • 10월 1일까지
  • 2018년 Open Call For Artists 워싱턴 한국문화원 전시 작가 공모  공모기간: 2017년 10월 1일까지 ※2017년 12월 중 선정 결과 개별통지 예정  공모정보: 워싱턴 한국문화원 홈페이지(www.koreaculturedc.org)에서 자세한 정보 확인 및 신청서 다운로드 가능  문 의: 전시 담당자 윤지영 jiyoungy@koreaembassy.org 워...
Aug 09, 2017
thumbnail
  • Film Society of Lincoln Center
  • 55th New York Film Festival Main Slate Announced
  • 9/28-10/15, 2017
  • The 55th New York Film Festival Main Slate Opening Night Last Flag Flying Dir. Richard Linklater Centerpiece Wonderstruck Dir. Todd Haynes Closing Night Wonder Wheel Dir. Woody Allen Before We Vanish Dir. Kiyoshi Kurosawa BPM (Beats Per Minute)/120 battements par minute Dir. Robin Campillo Bright...
Aug 08, 2017
Tag
Creative Hongsee

구독신청 / Subscription

후원 및 기부금 안내

PLUS Career PLUS Career PLUS Career
2017 . 8  
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
설원재단 정영양자수박물관 설원재단